Rafting and hydrospeed on the "Haute-Isere"
- Meeting up with your river guides at our rafting base camp in Bourg Saint Maurice. Presentation of the course, of the equipment and a brief of the specific recomendations and safety' relevant to navigation in white water rivers.
You kick off the morning with the descent on a raft of the " Haute Isere " from Bourg Saint Maurice to Gothard (grade 3). During this first session you will be discover the world of white water rivers, and be introduced to the safety techniques and requirements (swimming test in a rapid, using safety ropes, fetching a swimmer in moving water). You then move on to the more exhilarating part of the course with the famous rapids of Aime and the canyon of Centron. Your first white water sensations.
- In the afternoon, you discover hydrospeed (white water swimming), in the magnificent gorges of Villette between Aime and Centron.
White water are fun, you can surf on the breakers / rollers at the top of the waves, stay stationary with the upstream currents and even jump off the roman bridge!
Second day :
Canoe-raft on the Haute-Isère and rafting on the Doron of Bozel.
- You start the day on a canoe-raft / hot dog on the section of the Haute Isere between Bourg Saint Maurice and Gothard. You will refine / perfect the navigation techniques discovered the day before on the raft and at the end of the morning you will be capable of navigating your boat alone.
- In the afternoon, we join the river of the Doron in the valley of Bozel and embark on a raft down this superb course which is very different to the Isere.
Third day :
Introduction to canyoning and perfectioning the canoe-raft or hydrospeed techniques.
- In the morning we taste the trills of abseiling, jumping and swimming down the "Canyon des Eaux Rousses", ideal place to discover this activity.
- In the afternoon you perfect your techniques in the rapids of Aime, either on a canoe-raft or a hydrospeed.
Fourth day :
- You spend the day discovering the canyon of Montmin or the "Cascade d'Angon" depending on the water conditions. Both canyons end clos to the beautiful lake of Annecy (Haute Savoie) where you can finish the day with a cooling swim surrounded by mountains.
Fifth day :
Rafting on the Dora-Baltée in Italy in the valley of Aoste.
- We take the road over the pass of the Picolo St Bernardo (great views of the Monte Bianco) to join the valley of Aoste. We embark on the Dora Baltee and paddle down the best part of the river, through the rapids of Pré-Saint-Didier, finishing with the crossing of the famous dam barrier.
We also discover the gorges of Leverogne with the "Moby-Dick" passage, the crowning piece of our navigation.
This programme is given as a guide only. It can be modified any time according to weather and water conditions.
This 5 day course on white water rivers does not require any particular technical abilities, not you have to be extremely fit.Yet you do have to be in good health, know how to swim and not afraid of going under water.
Price per person : 520 Euros
Half board from monday to friday lunchtime is possible (gite of Vulmix, hotel Bon Accueil in Landry). You can also choose to stay camp (camping Le Reclus in Seez or Huttopia in Bourg Saint Maurice).
Fore more information go to the white water sports page.